Do you ever have those days when you don’t have anything planned for dinner and you’re in a rush and don’t know what to make? I generally have all of my meals planned out for the month but for some reason forgot to plan out last night’s meal. Luckily I always have cut up fresh veggies, frozen veggies, and veggie broth pre-made in my fridge. Tonight I decided to cook my pasta in the skillet along with some veggies and some spices. This is what I came up with last minute for a time-saving meal but also one that is whole foods and plant-based.
Remember: We don’t use oil in whole foods cooking as oil is not considered a whole food as it is highly refined, high in fat, contains no or very little nutrients and no fiber. Try using vegetable stock or water instead to sautee your vegetables.
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped and cubed
- 1 cup, mushrooms
- 1 cup, artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp, paprika
- 1 tsp, tumeric
- 1 tsp, oregano
- 1 tsp, pepper
- 2 1/2 cups, vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp, vegetable stock for sautee
- 1 green onion and parsley for garnish
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp of vegetable broth. Add onion and sautee for 3-5 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, paprika, turmeric, oregano, and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the pasta and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- After reaching a boil, turn down to simmer and cook for 20 minutes with the lid.
- Garnish with green onion and fresh parsley.
Eat Clean & Live Green!
Your Compassionate Coach,